VA Educational Benefits
What is the right Educational Benefit for you?
The following link will help you to decide on what educational benefit fits you:
Your Educational Benefit
The following links will provide you with information regarding the benefits offered through each chapter
- Montgomery GI Bill- Active Duty- Chapter 30
- Pays $1368/month for full time student veteran.
- If you paid into the Army College Fund or $600 kicker, you will receive additional money
- Benefits available for up to 10 years after separation from active duty.
- Montgomery GI Bill- Active Duty- Chapter 1606
- Montgomery GI Bill- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)- Chapter 1607
- The Secretaries of each military service, Department of Defense, and Department of Homeland Security (Coast Guard) will determine eligibility and establish the program to provide educational assistance to members of the Reserves of the armed forces who are called to duty for 90 days or more. Members may be eligible after serving 90 consecutive days on active duty after September 11, 2001.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR&E)- Chapter 31
- VR&E's primary benefit program is vocational rehabilitation services for veterans who have a service-connected disability of 20% and higher. To receive services a veteran must be found both eligible and entitled. The outcome of these services lead to suitable employment that is consistent with their aptitudes and interests, or achieving independence in their daily living.
- Survivors’ and Dependants’ Educational Assistance (DEA)- Chapter 35
- Spouse or dependent child of a veteran who:
- Is 100% disabled due to a service-connected disability
- Is on active duty and missing for more than 90 days.
- Is missing in action or was captured in the line of duty.
- Has died due to a service-connected disability or incident.
- Transferring Post 9/11 Chapter 33 Benefits to your Dependents
- There is a provision under Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill that enables eligible service members to transfer their eligibility to their dependents.